Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: Spurn Point (7 miles)

Monday, 6th May 2013

Well, the legs were feeling a bit achy after the weekend's Beginner's Nav Course so I though "lovely day, I'll go for a nice easy mooch to loosen them up again". Packed my flip-flops to give my tootsies a treat with a paddle in the sea :) Lovely day and a nice walk. I can't believe how much Spurn Point has moved/changed since I used to come here in my teenage years. Nice flat walk but still tough going on the sand!

You'd definitely get cut off by the high tide now so check the tide times!



The North Sea on the left / The Humber Estuary on the right

Looking back to where the new old road has been washed away

The new and old road diverting

The old road reappears again


The Lighthouse and the Watchtower

Lads climbing up the watchtower

Spurn Lighthouse




Looking across the sea to Cleethorpes

Arty-farty pic

Container ship scarily close out to sea

Only the Coastguard and Humber Pilots
can drive to the point now

Lovely and peaceful
Thanks for looking 😊