Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: South/North Cliffe - Houghton Moor

Sunday, 17th September 2017

The sun was shining and I had a galloping case of Cabin Fever again, so, I dodged the rain showers (successfully as it happens!) to do a new walk for me.

I got parked up near the entrance of North Cliffe Wood Nature Reserve (space for about 3 cars) and set off on what was a pleasant, peaceful meander.

My Mission - get up onto that hill behind those houses

Stormy skies rolling in

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Heading to Gardom and Houghton Moor

They're not scary on the other side of a fence!


Into the woods we go

Action shot of a bambi leaping out of my way!

The track through Houghton Moor is a fire break in the trees


Rhododendrons?

Looking across to the higher Wolds near Market Weighton

Big, posh house
A lovely 6.25 mile walk, AND I managed to avoid getting rained on.  It just started to spit a bit when I got back to the car so I'm saving a short mooch round the Nature Reserve I parked near for another day, probably when the trees have changed into their autumn clothes.



Thanks for looking 😊