Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: North Newbald (3.5 miles)

Friday, 22nd December 2017

We got a lunchtime flier at work so I took the opportunity to get out for a walk in the countryside.  I chose a low Wolds walk as I won't get much chance to do anything other than local walks between now and the New Year.

Sadly, the traffic meant I got to the start much later than I wanted to so I had to cut the walk short, a decision which was confirmed to be the right one when I got on the tops and the fog was turning into a pea-souper.  

Nevertheless, it was great to get out in the fresh air and daylight.

A couple of pics:

Looking across to the foggy higher ground

Signpost OCD

Final view of a wind turbine before it disappeared into the murk!
Only another 42 miles to go to complete my Mile A Day For A Year Challenge.  A bit of a sprint finish me thinks at 4.5 miles a day between now and 31st December !!!

Thanks for looking 😊