Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: Beverley Beck (3.75 miles)

Thursday, 17th October 2019

After doing a half day at work on Tuesday I only needed to do a half day today so I made the most of the brief autumnal sunshine and the fact I was already in Beverley to do a semi-urban walk along Beverley Beck.

I left work, grabbed a sarnie from my favourite deli and headed off through the streets of Beverley for a nice little mooch.

Some pics:






After sitting and eating my sandwich on a bench overlooking the boats (and the submarine!) I crossed the lock to walk back down the other side of the beck.





Eventually, I turned off down a little 10-foot between some houses (it was more like a 4-foot) and popped out near St Nicholas Church. 


From here it was a short mooch through some landscaped woodland gardens and back to the station.

To be honest, I got the best of the weather because as I drove home it went all overcast and started spit-spotting with rain.

Just time for a cuppa before turning out for job number 2!

I'll sleep well tonight!!!

Parking: At work
Distance: 3.75 miles
Max height: 39 ft

Thanks for looking 😊