Search This Blog

Pages

April Walks

 Guilt free travel to walks, at long last!

Monday, 12th April 2021 - Raywell Circuit (4.5 miles)
Went in search of more bloobies in Nut Wood/Wauldby Scroggs.  Didn't find as many as expected and I'm hoping I'm maybe a little too early but it looks as if wood anemone and wild garlic has taken over. First walk in 6 months with any kind of gradient!

View from "my tree"

"My tree"

Wauldby Dam

Primroses (I think)

Wood Anemone

Bloooooobieeesssss!!

Wild Garlic just starting to flower

Wednesday, 14th April 2021 - Welton Circuit (4.6 miles)
Great weather just lately so off out I went again. This walks got a bit more hill in it and I surprised myself how well I coped.  The Mausoleum has been fenced off again. Welton Dale has been fenced off for a while and you spend much of the latter part of the walk between fences now.

Welton Church

Wild Pansy (I think)

Lesser Celandine

Welton Dale - fenced off now

Ornamental springs - nice to have that in your back garden!

... and what on earth is this???!

...aaaAaaand then I went and injured my calf muscle so the rest of April has been spent resting it then doing very short, out of the door walks again.