Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: Paull Foreshore (2.6 miles)

Monday, 8th December 2019

First non-functional and daylight walk in ages!  

I had an hour or two to spare earlier today so, seeing as the sun was shining, I decided to head out to my "pick me up and blow away the cobwebs" walk on Paull Foreshore.  I also wanted to see what they'd done with the flood embankments which have been closed off for nigh on a year for shoring up.

I parked up at the Village Hall because the muddy quagmire at the end of the village was full and set off, deciding to do the walk in reverse to my normal way to mitigate the harsh and bitter wind rattling up the Humber and blowing at my back.  Within minutes my eyes were streaming and my nose was running!

Not that you can see it clearly at all but here is a Curlew grazing on the playing field:

Bit of signpost OCD:

Mandatory pointless gate pic, with the two equally pointless lighthouses beyond:

New info board at the bird hide:

I headed onto the newly re-opened shored up flood embankment.  All it looks like they've done is stick some boulders at the base of the bank and gravelled the top to make it less of a mud-bath:

I'm not sure if there are any aeroplanes other than the Red Arrows who would loop the loop and have smoke (not vapour) trails but I was treated to an evening display flying over the Lincolnshire Wolds:

Tide's in on the mudflats, with ship sailing beyond in the Humber:

Paull Church:

Aircraft (a Blackburn Beverley) at Fort Paull:

Entrance to Fort Paull just before I headed into the woodland:

It would seem I forgot that it gets dark at around 4pm and I finished my walk through the woodland with my eyes in night vision mode.  What was that snuffle? Twig cracking? Those luminous eyes in the trees?

Once out of the woodland it was a short meander across the playing field back to my car.

A right nice little moochabout.  Enjoyable, as always.


Thanks for looking