Search This Blog

Pages

May Walks

 Calf muscle seems to have healed now so I'm tentatively getting back out for some walks that aren't on flat pavements.

Monday 10/05/2021 - Hessle Foreshore (3.6 miles)
Not entirely convinced ViewRanger on my new phone is playing ball.  Seems a long distance for such a short walk.  I chose every off-piste route I could find to test my calf out.  Found a few good, short, steep paths to have a go at - and it was absolutely fine. Lovely and sunny but the wind was a bit brisk next to the Humber! 

Humber Bridge from the foreshore

Sun dappled woodland in the Country Park

Saturday 22/05/2021 - Local Walk (3.75 miles)
Calf's still a bit "not right" so still doing gentle walks. Headed up over Mattocks hill on a scenic route to the shops:

Probably my best pic of the day
- a fox, just sat there, 10 feet away, oblivious to me

A couple of wonderful old, gnarly trees on Market Hill - Copper Beech trees I believe.  Can't believe how quickly they've come into leaf since last week - must be all the rain! :




Thursday 27/05/2021 - South Cave (6 miles)
Lovely walk in the first bit of sunshine we've had all week.  Went in search of St. Austin's Stone - an ancient place of worship/preaching/druid's alter.  Found it. Ripped my trousers climbing over a barbed wire fence to get to it. Had a sacrificial bag of crisps at the stone to appease the gods.  Beautiful birdsong for most of the walk. Turn up the volume and enjoy...

Saturday 29/05/2021 - Secret Lake (3.8 miles)
Glorious sunshine so after yoga class I did a walk from the Hall. Sunshine, birds singing, some lesser walked paths and a pointless bridge.
The wooden bridge goes over the same field drain
that the track on the left does!

Preston's Secret Lake

Calf muscle seems to be fully healed now so let the adventures begin!