Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: Raywell and Nut Wood (4 miles)

Friday, 20th April 2018

Yes, that's right.  My second walk today.  

I seem to be feeling the need to revisit some previously regular walks that I've not done for a while.  First, there was the Drewton Wold circuit, which I avoided for a while until the tree thinning process had re-naturalised.  Now there's this lovely little walk which, if my memory serves me correctly, also got left for a while due to tree thinning.  The other walk I've not done for a while is the Brantingham/Elloughton/Welton walk.  I seem to think that's because "they" got rid of the friendly Highland cattle in Welton Dale and replaced them with frisky young bullocks. 

Anyway, back to today's second walk...

Start of the walk
- I follow the path to the right of the woodland

Violets

Quirky Curiosity


Signpost OCD

A geocache

Brew With a View

I love this old tree
- it really stands out on the horizon

Wauldby Dam

Views over all of Hull in the distance
(clearer in real life than in this pic)

Heading back into the woodland

Wauldby Scrogs - brilliant name!

Bluebells just starting to emerge

Wood Anemone

A whole carpet of them!

Primroses

More Bluebells

Wild Garlic

I really enjoyed this walk.  It needs a couple more weeks for the bluebells and garlic to be out in full bloom I think.  I'll be keeping my eye on it as the woodland is like an enchanted forest when the floor's carpeted with bluebells and garlic and bathed in sunshine.


Thanks for looking Snail Animals Smiley