Search This Blog

Pages

Hull: East Park (2 miles)

Monday, 30th September 2019

After missing my Walking Group walk on Saturday due to a gyppy tum and yesterday absolutely tonking it down with rain, I was feeling the need to squeeze a little walk in between chores and general other commitments.  

Luckily, the weather was really nice today so I combined a trip to the bank with a nice mooch round East Park in the sunshine.

I decided to park in East Park and walk to the bank.  Stinky, traffic polluted Holderness Road just does not do it for me in terms of a stroll so I got a bit of a wiggle on for the functional part of my walk to the bank.

Banking sorted, I resisted the urge to look in all the tat shops on my way back to the car and decided to save my legs for a nice walk round the lake in East Park instead.

Glad I did.  It was lovely, and really quite peaceful because the kids are still at school.  It was nice to smile and say hello to people without either being ignored or getting a grunt in return (needless to say, most of the folks I spoke to were retired and enjoying a stroll themselves).

Anyway, some pics....

Squirrel eyeing me up

Lovely avenue of trees

Looking down the lake

Looking the other way from the other end

Spot the squirrel

Young peacock, still molting its baby feathers

Though the lake looks manky, it's obviously got plenty of food in there for ducks!

Arty-farty shot of terns

Formal Gardens near the cafe


A right nice little mooch in the best of the weather.  Not long after I finished it went all overcast and dull.  The total distance of the walk was 3.6 miles but the mooch round East Park is about 2 miles.  I must remember this one for the depths of winter when I need to get out but my local paths are all under water or slick clay mud.


Thanks for looking 😊