Search This Blog

Pages

January Lockdown Walks


A collection of my "best photo of the walk" from my local walks during January's lockdown.  All done from my doorstep.

05/01/2021 - Hedon - Burstwick - Camerton - Thorngumbald circuit (6 miles)
Up the track to the road, then return via the main road through the villages.  Got my timings wrong and returned home in the dark.  Many polystyrene snow showers! Gave me the opportunity to take a pic of the memorial I normally only ever drive past though:
Memorial in Thorngumbald

07/01/2021 - Hedon - Preston Lake circuit (6.75 miles)
Beautiful day.  Glorious sunshine, hard crisp frost making the muddy fields a pleasure to walk on.  Sadly, the lake has been fenced off due to ne'er-do-wells so you can no longer sit on the log enjoying a brew with a view:
The "secret" lake

09/01/2021 - Hedon - Preston via Nuns Walk (5 miles)
The frost was starting to melt, making the fields a bit squishy underfoot but still not as bad as they can be!  Decided to see if there was an exit onto the old rail track from one particular field - there is..  Also discovered that most of the fields on that side of the track have wide, well walked field margins.  More exploring to be had there then.  Glad to see the Llamas/Alpacas were still out:
Llamas/Alpacas (how do you tell the difference?)

10/01/2021 - Hedon - Leafsail quarter via the pub (4 miles)
Definitely a circuit to do after a hard frost or a drought!  It's only the second time I've done this route and it's pleasant enough.  Found a few little "sneak throughs" across the field drains - but definitely only do-able after a drought.  Saw a couple of deer but they dashed off before I could get my camera out.  Surprised at the level of the main drain - expected it to be much higher than it is:
Tide's out on Burstwick Drain

22/01/2021 - Hedon (2.75 miles)
First lovely sunny day in ages.  Thought I'd check out the drain levels after all the rain:
Burstwick Drain - a bit higher than normal


24/01/2021 - Hedon to Paull (9 miles)
Did a separate write up for this but my fave pic is this one:
Old wooden boat on Pollard Clough

Other than these, I've done plenty of functional/scenic walks to/from the shops but I never took any photos.

It's looking like it'll be more of the same for February too with the never-ending Lockdown 3.

Ye Gods, I can't wait for the travel restrictions to be eased.