Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire - Elloughton Circuit

Tuesday, 11th September 2018

I'm enjoying a week off work and aiming for a mix of boring housey stuff and nice walking stuff.  Today was nice walking stuff day.

I went for a roam on Hessle Road first - a trip to Winfields for some new trousers and a nosey at walking shoes to replace my beloved Meindls, and an eyeball at a new tent I like the look of but can't afford.

Anyway, after that, I went up to Elloughton for a quick circuit that I've not done for a while.  

I explored some new paths that were definitely on the ground but not marked on the map - was that trespassing? 

Heading up Peggy Farrow Lane

Peaceful woodland at Scarborough Wold Plantation
 I reached the junction for Brantingham (turn left) and Welton (straight on) and headed for Welton, then discovered almost straight away, a new track off to the right so I decided to follow it - I had an inkling that it would bring me out near the road where the main track joined it.  I wasn't wrong.
Heading straight on to Welton
 After crossing the road I found yet another track that I don't recall being there.  Normally, I would head straight up the steep, wide and obvious track in Wauldby Gates Plantation but this time I spotted a smaller track off to the left.  So I followed it.  I had an inkling it would bring me out at the crossroads with the High Hunsley Circuit.  I wasn't wrong. 

A quick right-turn I popped out into the grazing field - the horses weren't in - so I could enjoy my Brew With A View moment in peace.

Entering the grazing field

Brew With A View
 I sat in the sunshine and enjoyed the views over the Humber.

Rubbish pano-view of my view
 From there it was downhill all the way and straight back to my car.

I'd forgotten what a lovely little walk this is.  Granted, you can always hear the noise of the traffic belting along the A63 but it's a lovely, leafy woodland walk with a few gradients to get the heart rate up.


Thanks for looking 😊