Search This Blog

Pages

WI Walk - Burton Pidsea

Saturday, 29th September 2018

This walk ended up as a bit of a comedy of errors!  The yoga class ran on late as the tutor was being assessed.  Which meant that, even though I was at the Hall already, I couldn't get out for 12.30pm to join the walk.

However, I did know the walk was at Burton Pidsea and I (wrongly as it turns out) assumed the group would park near the play area.  So, myself and Sheila, who was also at yoga, set off to try and catch them up.

Once we'd got parked and realised we didn't recognise any other cars there we headed off to the "start" of the walk.  Then remembered that Mo said she had a slightly different route which avoided Mucky Lane (appropriately named).

Sheila and myself instead ended up doing a lovely walk around the village in the sunshine, having a good nosey at all the posh houses.  One of the houses had an honesty box with jars of jam and chutney in so I got a jar of chutney (much prefer home made to shop bought nowadays).

We followed a little track up the side of the church and between some houses and ended up in a lovely little woodland.  Perfect time of year for a woodland walk too.

Lane with woodland on the left
After that, we went to The Nancy Inn which has a lovely little tea room during the day and we had a still warm home made scotch egg (and some of my chutney) and a cuppa.  This was with the intention of meeting up with the group when they'd finished because we'd spotted Mo's car parked nearby.  I left a note on Mo's car but she didn't spot it until she got home!

Our village walk ended up being just shy of 3 miles, which surprised me to be honest.


Thanks for looking 😊