Search This Blog

Pages

East Yorkshire: Paull (2.5 miles)

Monday, 31st December 2018

My final walk of the year.

We got a flier from work at lunchtime (I hoped we would) so I went to Paull straight from work and did my utmost to extend the walk as best I could, knowing my "normal" route is about 2 or 2.5 miles.

Anyway, despite the biting wind, it was a lovely way to round off the year.

An empy cargo ship heading out to sea

Looking towards the ferry terminal and the wind turbine factory

Looking towards Immingham Docks

The sidings and moat of Fort Paull Battery
As I reached my car I took a sneak-peek at my mileage - I was half a mile short!  So I trotted off up the flood embankment towards Saltend to make my 365th mile a little more interesting than a quick dash round the block in the dark later.

These were my views for that last half a mile:

Old boats at the ship yard

Saltend Chemical Works

Saltend Jetties

I'm really chuffed to bits at completing my challenge this year and I found the last few days of 4 miles a day to catch up quite easy.  Better still, my achilles tendon doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects and, indeed, if I'd had the time/daylight, I'd have happily walked further.

I did enjoy my cuppa and chocolate when I got in though!

Thanks for looking 😊