Search This Blog

Pages

Lake District: Sheila's Caravan - Dale Bottom meadows walk

Wednesday, 11th July 2018


After yesterday's adventure up High Tove I was still feeling "off" today.  My legs felt fine and even my tendon felt fine, but the rest of me didn't feel at all fine.

I decided to spend the day relaxing at the caravan, supping tea and water.  I did have a little drive down into Keswick to get some supplies from the Spar shop/petrol station for later to eat watching the football (England -v- Croatia) but that was about as adventurous as I got until after the game when it had cooled down enough for a little meander.

My original plan was to do the reverse route of Monday's walk but, after encountering newly installed cows and babies in one of the fields and they were right on the path between the two gates, I decided to just walk around the edge of the freshly mown hay meadows instead.

Cows and babies

Signpost OCD
I was surprised to find that this titchy little walk was almost 2 miles!  Much easier in the cooler temperatures, plus, it was all on the flat 

ViewRanger Track (for what it's worth!)

Thanks for looking